Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Triangular Irony of Life

She's counting down her last days in this world. Despite the passing years, she fears darkness like a child. She's reluctant to leave all these behind, but her daughter gives her a reason to catch the light, to be alive.

Another woman, sitting right across her, is also counting down days to take her daughter to the light, to the life. Despite the difficulties on her way, she's willing to give it a go. Everything failed, but her daughter will give her a reason to continue.

One defeated, the other winner and me the observer. That's the triangular irony of life.

2 comments:

Pallav said...

and may be someone is watching you watch them, a quadrilateral life?

I don't understand the word irreluctant..is it a typo? if not what does it mean?

Great post!

N
pqlgk--my word verification

E. said...

I am sure just as anyone else, I am also being watched. But I must confess that I don't like it at all!
(See my post "When A Reader Meets Another Reader")

Oh, yeah. It was a typo, although the word irreluctant exists in law terms.

Thanks for your comment :)

Cheers,
Eda