Saturday, December 09, 2006

365 days, 52 weeks ago

While he was kissing me, my eyes were fixed at the alarm clock on the bedside table. My body was against his, but my thoughts were in the past.365 days, 52 weeks ago started an emptiness in my life. 365 days, 52 weeks ago at this particular hour, 12.00 p.m, my father passed away. Despite the passed months, I still find it difficult to believe. It feels like yesterday. His last breathe, the last tears falling down on his cheeks,his lost battle was the sum of my last meeting with my father.

His tired but big body was still. His hands turned colder and colder. His heart wasn't beating anymore. I had never seen anything so real in my life. It was so real that I doubted my own existence.

365 days, 52 weeks ago started an emptiness inside and it will always be there.

No comments: