Sunday, January 07, 2007

People

On my left was sitting an old lady with a small face full of wrinkles. She was sunk in deep thoughts. On my right was a young mother with a little baby in her arms, trying to calm him down, failing to understand the baby solely needed love rather than a "hush!". In front of me standing an old man whose shoulders were sagged and seemed no longer willing to carry his worries on them. Across him was another old lady, talking to her reflection on the window, so lonely. On the other side were two friends. One was talking endlessly, the other doing nothing but nodding her head.

I felt I was surrounded by lonely people. Hundreds and hundreds of lonely people crossed my way today. People never seemed to me so lonely, so desperate and so sad as today.

2 comments:

indian lucifer said...

shades of life init...

E. said...

Thanks for your comments. Only shades? This image reflects how life is...