Monday, November 06, 2006

When A Reader Meets Another Reader

That was the least I expected to happen. But it happened. She sat right across me and started: Reading me! Just as those people, sitting next or across you on the train and read your newspaper irritatingly, I got incredibly pissed off. She started with my eyes, then examined carefully each item of my clothing. Interestingly, she paid a great deal of attention to my "twin" shoes. As the seconds were flying, I became more and more disturbed. I had to find a way stop her reading. And I coughed to take her eyes off of me. She understood and looked at me directly in the eye. I wanted her to read one thing: "Don't!" in my eyes. I cracked a cynical smile at her. I didn't let her get into my world and read through my pages.

This time I won and she left the train with a mission unaccomplished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the awfull truth about reading. You are always read by somebody else too. Sometimes you just don't notice...