Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Reading 1

An old man at his late 60s. With his hat matching his suit he looked like a true gentleman. While I was studying his details, his hand holding a newspaper caught my attention and surprised me. He was wearing a ring on his little finger. A delicate ring of a woman with a diamond stone. That ring took me to a different reality in his world: To the death of his wife. With my eyes fixed on his ring, I traveled through his life. How difficult it must have been for him to be lonely. Elderly Latin men, in general, can’t survive long without their wives. For who shapes their lives are always women. Now he looked like an orphan to me… A part of him was buried long time ago along with his wife and as an attempt to fulfill that missing part of his life, he decided to wear her ring. A ring he offered years and years ago to his beloved one. He caught my eyes on his ring. Short after he left the train with a final encounter with my eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love this three last posts. Look forward to read more of your "readings"

Joao Cardiga