Saturday, June 02, 2007

Portugal doesn't feel Right Today

Let alone being yourself, acting your unique self is so difficult in Portugal. You're given a mask, a new face as how they want to see you. You're given your role, if you don't act well, you're judged and labelled immediately: a misfit. Your reasons are not even considered. Because in this small country, you aren't supposed to question, but just bow your head and accept. Inside you resent, outside you just smile as all Portugueses do.

Today it feels so boring to live in Portugal as it's never been, so much surrounded by social codes and so many hypocrisies.

And today is my day to drop off my mask, refuse to be a hypocrite.

And just be myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty true, unfortunately; but I don't think it happens only in Portugal, it happens a little bit everywhere. It is up to you, to me and to everybody else to contradict that trend. I agree in keeping my mask down, if you agree in doing the same with yours ;)

Best regards
FS

E. said...

Of course it happens everywhere in the world, but those were my feelings for that particular day.

I guess by opening up my world, keeping this diary, I am already dropping my mask off, but you, my loyal reader, you're always behind your initials. When will you drop YOUR mask? :)