Saturday, March 26, 2005

Cancer Doesn't Fit on My Father Well

Cancer. A word I've only "heard" before. A sickness I was acquainted with only in others' lives, if not in movies. Today, I know it so well as it happened to a part of me, to my father. Today, not only I know all about it, but I "live" it every passing day, seeing it taking him away from us so silently, so unjustly. Every passing day, I see how it destroys his body. Cancer cells doesn't only invade one's body but also the very core of your psyche; it doesn't only torture the body of the patient but inside of him, inside of everyone close by.

Cancer doesn't fit on my father well. I wish I had the power to change this. I wish I could give him the power to fight. Once a powerful strong man, now turned to a little, vulnerable child.

Small in the body, small in his hopes, sinking into darkness every day...away from night and day...

No comments: