Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Farewells At Different Places...

Year: 1999
Location: Aarhus University, Denmark.
Description: After a warm farewell, I get out of the car. The wind messes all my hair up, I want to turn back, look and wave at him as I always used to do. But, some power prevents me, pushes me to walk forward, and I continue to walk without turning back, without being able to turn back, and see him. I perfectly know that he is waiting for the signal-the signal of reunion after this warm farewell...
And I keep on walking with feeling that all the complicated feelings, the complicated and intensive feelings I encounter inside numb all my senses...

Year:2000
Location: Aaalborg Airport, Denmark
Description: I am now leaving...I feel that I will not come back...After our farewell, I turn back...But I can't see him...I walk a little and again turn back, I know that he is there waiting for me but, still can't see...Perhaps, it was too late to see...

Year:2000
Location: Ankara Esenboga Airport, Turkey
Description: He is going away...He is going away without turning his back...I look at my reflection on the airport windows and bit goodbye to my reflection, hoping not to see again...

Year:2002
Location: Istanbul Ataturk Airport, Turkey
Description: He is leaving...He is turning back and looking at me in every step he takes...

No comments: